Look Beauty Cosmetics ♥

I recently purchased quite a few Look Beauty products after seeing they had a 50% off sale on a post on Victoria's Vintage. I'd not used any Look Beauty products before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but the 50% off prices were very tempting. Plus if you spent over £20 you got 3 free lip stains - so I decided to give it a whirl.

I got so much for just over £20, when it arrived it felt like Christmas! I looked at blog reviews for each product before I picked them and I steered clear of the mascaras as I had seen quite a few unfavourable reviews of those!



I thought I'd give you my 10/10 scoring for each product now I've managed to try them all out for a week or so. Hopefully it will be useful for you if you decide to buy any of them - the 50% sale is still on!




This is a beauty balm / light foundation and comes in a nice glass bottle, so feels much more expensive than a fiver! I picked the 'Light' shade and the colour was a brilliant match to my skin. The coverage of this is really good, and looked even better when I used a brush to apply instead of my fingers. Only negative is that it does require a lot of blending in, but once blended it looks amazing.

Rating - 8/10





Mattify Me is a translucent powder and it's really good at removing any shiny patches on your skin. I use this over my foundation to set it in place! I saw that some people complained of this being quite chalky, but I found it to be fine and quite subtle. I guess because my skin is so fair I didn't notice the chalkiness as much as others. It would be good if this came with a little powder puff!

Rating - 8/10





This liquid eyeliner is really pigmented and only needs one stroke to get a nice rich black line. I found it quite tacky in texture and it didn't glide onto my eye lids very well. It also became a bit dry after I applied it and a bit flaky. I like the brush which is really stiff so it's easy to apply a feline flick. I would have preferred this in dark brown.

Rating - 6/10





This is such a bargain for £3! It comes with 8 eyeshadows to suit brown eyes - khaki and green shades, 1 blush and 4 lip colours. There are also green and blue eye palettes. I've not tried the blush as my cheeks are naturally rosy, but the lip colours are sheer and add a nice shine. The eyeshadows are really nice colours but could do with being more pigmented as a lot of layers are required. The palette is quite small and great for taking in your handbag and on holiday. It would be good if brushes/applicators were included though.

Rating - 7/10




This was my least favourite purchase. It claims to be a lip scrub but there are hardly any 'scrub' grains/particles (?!) in it and it's mostly a strange gloopy gloss. The scrub is a minty flavour and your lips do feel quite zingy and plumped up afterwards but I definitely think it shouldn't be called a scrub because it didn't get rid of any dry/dead skin for me. I won't be buying this one again!

Rating - 2/10





This is my absolute favourite buy! I've pretty much worn this every day since I got it, and I'm definitely going to be buying more in other shades. I got the colour 'Snog' which is pinky red. The colour is really pigmented and when applied has a nice sheen/gloss. When this wears off the colour remains on your lips and still looks moisturised and not dry. After applying this in the morning, my lips still have colour at lunchtime after lots of cups of tea! I really love this product and £3 is just amazing value. I think I even prefer this to my pricey Clinique lip crayon!

Rating - 10/10!






I got 3 of these Pout Stains for free after spending £20. I received one of each colour available - Scarlet, Peach and Rose Smacker. I've only tried one of these so far - Rose Smacker. They are like felt tip pens and apply a very bright wash of colour to the lips. I think when your lips are in tip top condition these would be really good, but unfortunately I applied it when my lips were a bit dry and so it went on rather unevenly. It did stay on for hours and hours though! I think this would benefit from having a lip balm at the other end to add a bit of moisture to the lips as stains can be quite drying. Overall though - a freebie not to be grumbled at!

Rating - 5/10



I hope you found my opinions and ratings useful. Have you ever used Look Beauty products? I'd love to know what you think/recommend. If you buy anything as a result of this post, do let me know, I'd love to hear about what you bought!

x

Follow on Bloglovin



Comments

  1. The packaging is to die for! Soooo cute! Love your review. Looking into buying the Fat Lips lip balm right this second! :)

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is really nice, and quite vintagey! Def recommend fat lips! I love it x

      Delete
  2. I love the Mattify Me Powder and Stretch Factor Mascara so I was surprised some people don't!! Weird. Agree with all your reviews, I have most products from this range haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the powder too. It's a close second to fat lips! Good for getting rid of my shinetastic forehead!! :-) xx

      Delete
  3. OMG I love all of those products... just checked the website to see if they ship to the US & it's quite expensive :( I wish I could try the lip stain though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no that's rubbish! :-( perhaps on ebay/amazon?x

      Delete
  4. hiya I nominated you for the liebster award ; ranimayxo.blogspot.co.uk ; love your blog X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster award :) Go on my blog to know what to do!

    http://claudirella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the extensive review, this is so so useful! I've never thought to use Look products really, I just assumed they wouldn't be that good, and clearly they're a bit hit and miss! Love this post :)

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def hit and miss, but more hit than miss! The Fat Lips and Mattify Me powder are brill, and better than much more expensive equivalents I've tried before! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts