Chubby Stick Review - Clinique & Revlon ♥

When I went to New York earlier this year I discovered the wonderful world of Sephora, and I bought a few make up goodies to take home with me. A friend recommended to me the Clinique Chubby Sticks, and I was keen to give them a try. I already owned Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain and really liked the crayon style of the product and the fact it combined colour and a lipbalm in one.

I have the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Lovesick, a bright pink colour. I bought two Clinique Chubby Sticks from NY in Mightiest Maraschino - a bright cherry red, and Two Ton Tomato - an orangey red colour.

I really love all three colours, but I did find the Clinique balms to be so much more moisturising. The Revlon balm does tend to try my lips out a bit, and it also has a minty flavour which I could do without. All 3 are in the crayon style and you twist up from the base to replenish the crayon lip balm stick when it gets worn down.





Here I have swatched all 3 colours. From left to right: Mightiest Maraschino, Two Ton Tomato, Lovesick. As you can see from this image, the MM red colour is a lot more pigmented. I find this red shade really vibrant and long lasting but as this is so pigmented in colour it requires a little more precision when applying so you don't end up looking like a clown! TTT orangey red however is a lot more sheer and less pigmented, meaning you can sweep it over your lips without the need for a mirror. The Revlon lovesick is a bright pink with good coverage but doesn't glide on as easily, probably due to it being less balmy than the others. 



Top right is Two Ton Tomato, bottom left Mightiest Maraschino (you can see my cupid's bow is a little OTT!), and bottom right is Lovesick. I really love wearing this kind of lip product as they're easy to wear everyday and not as drying as lipsticks. I'm not really a fan of lipgloss either as it tends to stick to my hair. These chubby sticks give you a bit of sheen without being too gloopy!


Do you own any lip crayons?


x

Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Love those colors! I've been looking for good brands of lipstick to buy.

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I can def recommend the Clinique ones! X

      Delete
  2. great review, i totally agree with you on the formula of the revlon kissable balm stains, i also find the packaging to break easily aswell
    lovely blog, followed you via GFC x

    http://indiacameron.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours look great on you, great post xxx

    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I've been meaning to try these forever! Love the colour of Mightiest Maraschino xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice, a bluey red I'd say! Very pigmented too x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts