Blogger Identity Crisis ♥




In October my little blog will be one year old! It has flown by. When I created this blog, I got off to a good start and was blogging regularly for a while and then suddenly stopped for quite a few months as I was scared, unconfident and thought I'd run out of things to say! I returned earlier this year as I really missed blogging and realised how much fun it was!

I've now been regularly blogging, and it's nothing like last time - I don't feel the pressue to blog, I just blog when I feel like it and about what I like! I feel like my blog has come into its own more now and has more direction than it used to (when I first started I mostly blogged about my creations for my etsy shop). I'm so happy to have gained some lovely followers and it's such a nice feeling to know that people want to read my posts on a regular basis! 

One thing I've been thinking about a lot however, is my blog name. I chose Hips Like Cinderella, as it is a lyric from a song by one of my fave bands - the pixies. As time has gone on I've been thinking that this blog name is rather obscure, confusing and hard to remember. I really like the 'Cinderella' aspect of it, but I think the lyric doesn't make sense (unless you know the song!). Also my URL is hipslikecinders - so even more confusing!

I'm contemplating changing my blog name to something more pretty sounding and memorable, but I just don't know what to pick, and also I don't want to stray too far from my current name as I feel I should retain some aspect of what my blog is called now.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts and any advice/tips/suggestions on names - is my current blog name confusing/strange? Do you think the name should change? 

x

Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. It was actually your name that drew me to your blog. If I remember correctly it was either in a list of comments or just a list of blogs. It just looked unique and quirky and that's what made me look!

    I understand wanting a change though, I recently changed mine because it had no real relevance to my blog. I'm happy with my choice now but it was difficult deciding what name to have and if it was a wise decision!

    Sarah

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really good to know! I hadn't thought of it being memorable because it is diff. I suppose it is a bit quirky! Thanks for this:-) x

      Delete
  2. I quite like your blog name and I particularly like the cinderella bit. I don't think it matters much that it doesn't make sense. But this might help you! http://heartifb.com/2012/03/12/10-tips-for-naming-your-fashion-blog/

    http://heartifb.com/2012/07/26/the-blogger-name-generator-9-easy-ways-to-name-your-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like the above comments, I really like your blog name! It's quite enchanting and the hips bit is so different from your typical fairy tale related names- which I love! I say keep it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Imogen! Looks like I'm getting a resounding thumbs up so far! Maybe I should stick with it! Xxx

      Delete
  4. I actually really, really like your blog name. As soon as I see a comment on my blog from you I know who it is and as soon as you come up in my reader I know who it is. It really stands out as it is so unique. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Leanne!! :-) I'm really glad it seems to be memorable and that people like it! xxx

      Delete
  5. Your blog name is unusual, but it is one that I always remember precisely for that reason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me giggle - you've seen me through 3 blog name changes I think...and now I KNOW i've found the right one at last!
    My computer has the tendency to overheat and 'die' mid-way through me reading a new blog, and your quirky name made you easy to find once I had rebooted and got onto google! Only you will know when it's 'right' but looks like everyone loves it!
    Hope you reach a decision that makes you happy :)

    K x

    http://jack-and-ginger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts