Recent Beauty Buys - Superdrug 3 for 2 ♥

I needed some new make up recently so I went to Superdrug to make use of their '3 for 2' offer that's on at the moment. I haven't bought anything new for a while as I've been mega busy and it was nice to take time to peruse all the cosmetic ranges. My hand was a multicoloured patchwork of swatches by the end of my visit!





I've been needing a new red lipstick as my Chanel Rouge Allure one gave up the ghost not long ago. I wanted a similar type of lipstick - moisturising but also pigmented so I can build up the colour from sheer to a bold and vivid. 

This Max Factor lippy in Ruby Tuesday fitted the bill. It has a blue undertone so it's great for my pale skin, and also makes your teeth look whiter! I like how I can dab on and blend for a sheer low key daytime look, or apply more layers for a punchy bright red evening look. I love the gold and sleek packaging too - it looks much more expensive than £7.99. I can see this becoming a firm favourite in my make up bag!







I've been wanting to try a new foundation for a while, as my mineral powder foundation isn't giving me the coverage I need as my skin gets quite shiny half way through the day. I originally wanted to get the Max Factor Whipped Creme foundation which has been raved about on a lot of blogs recently, but when I swatched the product it seemed like it'd be too greasy for skin and quite heavy. So I opted for this Maybelline Matte Mousse, for a matt and weightless coverage.

I really like this product as it glides on to the skin, blends really well and has a lovely, soft, velvet-y feel. In terms of coverage it's pretty good and evens out skintone without using too much product, so avoids any 'cakey' texture or look.







My Benefit 'They're Real!' mascara has run out and it's my absolute favourite but I can't always afford the over £20 price tag, so I chose another Max Factor product - False Lash Effect Mascara (limited edition packaging).

 Whilst the wand is a similar style to Benefit's mascara, unfortunately that's where the likenesses end. If I use this on its own it doesn't really give my lashes any oomph (which the Benefit one would on its own). When used with another mascara it does work better but I don't think I'd repurchase. Some plus points are the fact its not gloopy or flaky, but I'm Benefit all the way!


I ended up getting the foundation for free as it was the cheapest item - I love 3 for 2 offers!

Have you ever tried any of these products?

x




Follow on Bloglovin




Comments

  1. Gorgeous colour lipstick!! 3 for 2 offers are always good :)

    www.beautyandlifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts