Face & Outfit of the Day ♥

On Saturday night I went out for dinner with some friends and I felt like making a bit of an effort despite being in 'lazy weekend' mode. We went to a local Turkish restaurant, and I had lots of yummy starters like falafel, filo parcels, hummus and tzatziki. For the main course I had moussaka, washed down with a few glasses of rose wine!




I fancied curling my hair but I knew it was wet and windy outside so I just did loose curls with large chunks of hair using my Remington Pearl Hair Wand. This took about half the time it normally does when I painstakingly divide up and curl each section of hair! It created a nice loose, laid back wave, that I wouldn't worry too much about gettting blown in the wind!


I wore a black jersey dress from Dorothy Perkins, with a cute cropped ivory & black beaded cardigan that I've had for ages. I think I bought it from George at Asda. To ward off the cold and rain, I wore thick black tights and my Melody Clarks wedge shoe boots, which are so comfy!




I wanted to create a polished 'starlet' make up look to go with my fancy cardigan and hollywood waves!  I used GOSH velvet primer to create a smooth base, followed by my new Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation & a dusting of Look Beauty Mattify Me powder.

My eyebrows were filled in with 17 Eyebrow Shaper in Natural Brown, and the feline eye makeup was created using Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner in purple plum, and Max Factor False Lashes mascara.

I wore my bright red Ruby Tuesday Max Factor Elixir lipstick to finish the look, but blotted it a lot to just get a wash of colour, as I didn't want to look to 'done'.

I don't do many outfit/face of the day posts, so do let me know if you'd like to see more! Apologies for the bad quality photos - winter evenings don't lend themselves well to good lighting, and my little flat isn't the best backdrop either!


x


Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. This is a really cute outfit! I love that cardigan :) Your hair looks really nice with those loose curls, mine won't hold them at all! I have to use soooo much hair spray haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicola! They had pretty much fallen out by the end of the night! Didn't have any hairspray! Doh xx

      Delete
  2. You look fab :) Lovely outfit, hair & make-up.
    I love Turkish restaurants. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello there sexy thang! LOL! You look awesome! Your makeup is so cute. Red lip, big lashes....my kind of look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts