Wedding Wednesday - Another Make Up Practice ♥

I've been practicing different make up looks recently as I'm going to do my own make up on my wedding day (argh!), and I thought I'd show the results of my latest try. My last make up look (which can be seen here) was quite simple and just used one eyeshadow and a feline flick in liquid eyeliner, which is not too far from what I wear every day. I wanted to try something a bit more complex, something that is different from my daily look and a bit more special.

I found this wedding make up tutorial on youtube by pixiwoo, and I thought it looked just beautiful! I didn't have all the same colours but I thought I'd try out the techniques using different products and colour schemes.  The result is a very smoky look and I wouldn't choose these colours on the day, and would probably go for more brown/golds like in the pixiwoo video. But I love the effect and how the eyeshadow is blended together.





Sorry I haven't got a face on shot - I couldn't get a good one in my flat as it's so dark! This wedding tutorial was so easy to follow and I'd definitely recommend it for all abilities. I'm no pro at all and I managed to pull it off. I loved the soft, romantic effect to this make up look, it's perfect for a wedding and creates the most amazing doe eyed look!

I tried to follow the products used in the tutorial as much as possible (not the same products, but similar) and the only thing I am missing is Mac Reflects Pearl to add a bit of shimmer, and individual fake eyelashes.

I'm going to Mac soon to pick out some pretty eyeshadow colours that compliment my wedding colours and my skin tone and I can't wait to recreate the look using them! Especially with the Reflects Pearl and big fluttery lashes!


Here is what I used:

Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation Primer
Revlon Photoready Foundation in Shell
Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Concealer
Soap & Glory It's About Prime Eyeshadow Primer
Soap & Glory Vanilla Eyeshadow (from Eyes Box)
Soap & Glory Minky Eyeshadow (from Eyes Box)
Soap & Glory Dandy Plum Eyeshadow (from Eyes Box)
Soap & Glory Black Gold Eyeshadow (from Eyes Box)
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Brown
Max Factor Fake Lashes Mascara
Sleek Blush in Rose Gold
17 Eyebrow Shaper Pencil in Natural Brown

I also used my new Real Techniques brushes to create this look, in particular the angled brow brush is really useful to create the soft feline angled flick.



What do you think of this look?

x

Follow on Bloglovin


Comments

Popular Posts