Monday, 9 June 2014

MAC PatentPolish Lip Pencil - Kittenish ♥

I wanted to find an easy-to-apply lip colour for my wedding day so that I could reapply quickly throughout the day when it started to wear off. I also wanted to find a product that wouldn't create a horrible, scummy lip which some products tend to do!

I love lip crayons so when I visited a MAC counter I was very excited to see the new PatentPolish Lip Pencils. They only had a small collection of colours available but I was immediately drawn to Kittenish.

Kittenish is a lovely, girly pink colour with a slight mauve tinge. It's semi sheer and gives the lip a nice smooth and shiny wash of colour. It doesn't feel gloopy or sticky and is very easy to apply. As it isn't super pigmented I was able to apply it without a mirror which was just what I wanted!

It was quite long lasting and when it did wear away a bit it did so evenly and with no scummy edges! I really loved wearing this on the day and it also had a nice sweet fragrance/taste!

MAC describes the line of lip pencils as follows:

The colour and shine of a gloss, the precision of a lip pencil - now in one colour stick. M•A•C Patentpolish Lip Pencil instantly achieves a luscious shine with a single swipe. Effortless twist-up keeps application clean and simple, with no need to sharpen. Enjoy colour in a range of 12 new shades - from bright corals to soft, rosy pinks and natural nudes - that stay bright and true on all skin tones.





I love this product and would like to get some more colours. I'm particularly drawn to the berry red 'Pleasant' colour!


Have you tried this lip pencil? What's your favourite colour?

x

20 comments:

  1. Really loving the tone of it, it's a perfect shade of pink!

    xoxo

    www.awonderingstar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! It's very feminine xx

      Delete
  2. Im loving lip pencils, they have really upped the stakes in the this last few years, and think i will have to invest in a few this summer!
    Two Hearts One Roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Me too! I can't wait to get some more! X

      Delete
  3. Hey Hannah, I nominated you to do this tag thing called Liebster Award. It's on my latest post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shit, I didn't even know MAC did lip crayons! This shade looks real pretty on you! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know,neither did I! I was so excited when I saw them xx

      Delete
  5. I have never seen these before in Mac. It looks lovely! Love your blog <3 xx

    www.thenorthernsole.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is gorgeous! The colour really suits you!
    Carrie xx
    carriebrighton

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour is delicious! Looks lovely.
    I'm having a giveaway with a hot pink necklace that would suit that colour perfectly :)
    Jennifer's Journal xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colour, really suits you! I love your blog, following you now with Bloglovin and GFC. Thank you for dropping by on my blog too!

    Camille xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will follow bk, love your blog! X

      Delete
  9. Ooh thanks Jennifer il check it out! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Just followed you��

    Touchofglamm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete