Giant Retro Biscuit Cakes ♥

When it comes to treats, I love all the old school classics like Bourbon Biscuits, Custard Creams, Jammie Dodgers, marshmallow teacakes and even those old Caramel Wafer bars with the red and gold striped packaging - anyone else remember those?! These sweet treats conjure up all sorts of fond memories from childhood and being all cosy watching TV and dunking away in a cup of milky tea!

I was amazed to discover some nifty baking tools that enable you to make giant size replicas of these fave treats - but in cake form! Take this giant Bourbon Biscuit mould on Notonthehighstreet. I know what birthday cake I want next year! This would be so yummy made with a rich chocolate sponge and maybe with some chocolate ganache in the middle!




The mould is made by the Iconic Cake company and they also do a giant Custard Cream mould too! This would be yummy with a vanilla sponge and buttercream filling.





The Iconic Cake Company also have 2 new moulds in the pipeline for a Jammie Dodger cake and a Party Ring cake! I love all of these moulds as the final result looks so much like the actual biscuit, just in giant size! I'd love to have one of each at a party, or even at a wedding it could be a fun look!






What retro treat would you like to see recreated in cake form?


x



Follow on Bloglovin


Comments

  1. Wow! Those are amazing!! I love marshmallow tea cakes the most, for their taste and packaging :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh me too! Love the red and silver foil :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness I just posted a post about almost exactly the same thing then nearly had a heart attack when I saw yours! I NEED these in my life though...retro AND supersized?! A winner in my book!
    K x
    http://www.jack-and-ginger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!!! Great minds think alike hey! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I like the bourbon ones!

    S&R
    http://www.CattailDown.com
    http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/TheRucksackRefinery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks so yum doesn't it! Love your etsy shop btw :) x

      Delete
  5. Wow, these are super cute. I love the custard cream one, though those wafers you were talking about are my all time favourite. Just found your blog...I'm your newest follower! :') x Olwyn

    http://olwynsworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olwyn! The wafers are the best! Closely followed by mallow teacakes! x

      Delete
  6. these are lovely! they remind me of the giant ones you get in Costa :') just discovered your blog and i love it!
    thinking-like-a-doll.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Nicola! I'm going to have a peek at yours too in a sec. I've always wanted to try one of the giant Bourbon biscuits in costa! X

      Delete
  7. OMG these are brilliant! I like the bourbon one the best

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I love that one too closely followed by Jammie dodger xxx

      Delete
  8. Those are amazing! I love the giant Bourbon.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahhhhh! I want them all! Especially love the bourbon one! NOTHS says it's no longer available though which makes me sad :( google search time!! beccalouisa.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! I hadn't realised! I hope they get some more back in stock soon... Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts