DIY Christmas Cards with Hobbycraft ♥

I love making things at Christmas - nothing gets me in a more Christmassy mood than creating homemade cards, gifts, decorations and yummy treats. This year I wanted to have a go at making my own Christmas cards for an extra personal homemade touch, so I was delighted when Hobbycraft offered to send me some crafty bits to make some Xmas cards!

Hobbycraft have a wonderful Christmas range and selection of DIY bits and pieces. You can make your own cards, gift wrap, tree decorations, wreaths and even advent calendars - the choice is endless! I always end up with several bags full of goodies when I visit Hobbycraft as I just want to have a go at making everything!




I received a lovely red stocking in the post and inside were some gorgeous red felt flowers, gold metallic cards & envelopes, glittery angel shapes and some gold 'Merry Christmas' stickers. Armed with my trusty glue gun and some other bits and bobs from my craft box I set about making some festive greeting cards!





I used some wrapping paper as a background to the oval window cut-outs in the gold cards - the reindeer paper looked so cute on it's own that this card needed no further decoration! I stuck some pretty glittery angels on complete with the Merry Christmas sticker wording, and also some little flower embellishments from my sewing box! My favourite has to be the red polka dot one which simply uses wrapping paper, a pretty christmas bird sticker, gold lettering and a matching red polka dot bow.




Hobbycraft is a great place to go to get all the bits and bobs you need to DIY and they're all super easy to put together, no matter what level of experience you have. I love these gold plain cards which are a great base for lots of different designs, so you can personalise each card to each recipient! I haven't used the felt flowers yet but my plan is to attach them to brooch backs, to make gorgeous festive flower brooch gifts that will look lovely pinned on winter coats and jumpers!


Do you make your own Christmas cards and gifts?


x


Follow on Bloglovin



Comments

  1. These are so cute! and so simple too, but I bet everyone who gets one thinks you've put so much effort in! every year I plan to make my own christmas cards and every year I never get round to it.

    Nadia
    The Girl Who Looks Like a Cake

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts