Peanut Butter Cake ♥

The other weekend I fancied doing some baking but I had limited ingredients in my cupboard. I've always fancied trying peanut butter in a cake, so this is what I decided to do!

I only had 2 eggs but wanted to make quite a big cake in one tin so was completely expecting it to turn out to be really flat or dry, but I was pleasantly surprised! I didn't follow any recipe, just kind of made it up as I went along, which is dangerous in baking which is a science somewhat! But I was lucky this time. And it tasted so yummy! Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

200g self-raising flour
200g caster sugar (golden is best if you have it, but normal will do!)
200g unsalted butter
2 eggs
A few drops of vanilla extract
2-3 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
3-4 tablespoons of milk

Method

1.) Weigh out all your ingredients ready and preheat oven to 180 degrees.

2.) Cream butter and sugar together until fluffly

3.) Beat in one egg at a time with electric mixer and add your vanilla extract

4.) Beat in your peanut butter, a spoonful at a time (you can put as much or little as you like in but bear in mind that it will get quite salty if you put a lot in. About 2 or 3 tablespoons was just right in mine)

5.) Fold in sieved flour a bit at a time with a metal spoon

6.) When all flour folded in, if the mixture is a bit clumpy and dry looking, add a tablespoon of milk at a time and fold in to get a more fluid consistency. I did this as I was worried about the cake getting too dry seeing as there were less eggs, and the peanut butter seemed to cloy up the mixture a bit.

7.) Pour into lined baking tin and leave in oven for 30-40mins at 180 degrees. Check after 30-40mins with skewer to see if cooked in centre, and if not leave in a little longer.


Voila! My cake turned out to be really moist and yummy. It had a little bit of a savoury taste whilst still being sweet and cakey, and the little crunchy bits of peanut gave it a really nice texture! You could use smooth peanut butter if you don't want bits in it. I'm not sure if my oven timings are 100% accurate as I was just winging it! But I did keep it in for quite a while and at a low temperature so it wouldn't dry out.

This cake was so yummy it didn't last very long, but here is a pic of a slice! It's delicious with a bit of strawberry jam - next time I'm going to sandwich 2 cakes together with jam and buttercream to make a peanut butter and jelly cake! Yummo.


Let me know if you try this recipe and send me a pic!

Have you done any baking this weekend?

x


Follow on Bloglovin


Comments

Popular Posts