My new obsession - vintage flowers! ♥

I have a bit of an obsession with vintage flower illustrations at the moment....once I get into something I obsess for a while about it and this month it's flowers! I have rescued many beautiful book plates from vintage books on flowers, and have transformed them into gorgeous wall decor.

I have become a bit obsessed with finding more and more pretty flower illustrations. I have a collection of British Flora, Redoute Roses and today I picked up some colourful shrub drawings. My boyfriend is none too pleased about the amount of floral I plan to frame and decorate our flat with! Some will have to be Xmas pressies I think!

Here is a quick one I framed today. I need to make a trip to Ikea to get some nice big frames as this one was a little small, but I just cut the illustrated plate to size. I hope you like it! I am trying to introduce soft greens and neutral colours to my living room after having grey, navy blue and bright red for the past 2 years!


Because I have way too many flowers for my little flat, I've decided to sell some of them on my etsy store as they make such beautiful pictures, it would be a shame to keep them hidden away. I think they'd make great pressies in a pretty frame. 





I plan to put a set of 3 down my hallway staircase. I can't wait to show you more of the wonderful illustrations I've found. I have some simply amazing Redoute roses that are huge and so beautifully drawn and colourful. Flower love!

x

Comments

Popular Posts